soaplite doesn't work with apache2

  • Hitoshi Asaeda
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
      I tried to use SOAPLite 0.55 and 0.60, but both were failed with the
      use of mod_soap.
      My OS is NetBSD-current. My apache server is 2.0.52. mod_perl is
      1.99.16. Perl is 5.6.1.

      When I access my server with http://localhost/mod_soap, the page shows
      "Internal Server Error", and log files shows several error messages.
      Based on the error messages on that log, I modified pm files and tried
      again, but not succeeded.
      Now I show these modifications.

      1. about SOAP/Lite.pm
      I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate URI.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2720."
      Therefore I commented out "use URI".

      2. about SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm
      I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate URI.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line
      218."
      Therefore I commented out "use URI".

      And I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC ...)
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line
      196."
      Therefore I commented out "require LWP::UserAgent".

      And I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate Apache.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line
      444."
      Therefore I changed "require Apache" to "require Apache2".

      And I got; "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler
      `Apache::SOAP': Can't locate Apache/Constants.pm in @INC (@INC ...)
      at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line
      444."
      I guess it should be "require Apache::Const". I did.

      Finally I got; "[error] [client ::1] Can't locate object method
      "new" via package "HTTP::Headers" (perhaps you forgot to load
      "HTTP::Headers"?) at
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line
      431."
      I gave up tracing this, and sent this mail.

      Question:
      Above changes are correct, or I just did stupid things?
      Whether correct or not, can I solve the last error?
      Anyway, how can I correctly use SOAPLite with apache? :)
      I may forget some trivial setup/configuration/whatever?

      Thank you.
      --
      Hitoshi
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
        I wouldn't necessarily go commenting out use and require statements. They
        are there for a reason. You need to make sure those packages have been
        installed instead of eliminating their import statements.

        But as for mod_perl 2 support, SOAP::Lite 0.65 (due out next week) will
        have this support integrated. But I am looking for someone to help me do
        some testing.

        The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
        mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

        Byrne

      • Hitoshi Asaeda
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
          > I wouldn't necessarily go commenting out use and require statements. They
          > are there for a reason. You need to make sure those packages have been
          > installed instead of eliminating their import statements.

          Does someone recognize what I've missed?

          > But as for mod_perl 2 support, SOAP::Lite 0.65 (due out next week) will
          > have this support integrated. But I am looking for someone to help me do
          > some testing.

          So should I use apache 1 and mod_perl 1?

          > The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
          > mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

          Ok, at first I'll check cvs code, and try apache/mod_perl ver.1 if
          still it fails. (Is anoncvs available? If yes, please tell me the
          server and directory information.)
          Thanks.
          --
          Hitoshi
        • Hitoshi Asaeda
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
            > The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
            > mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

            I give you one report.
            I replaced Lite.pm and Transport/HTTP.pm, which was given by cvsweb,
            from my SOAPLite-0.60. The error message is now only:

            [error] [client ::1] Can't locate object method "new" via package
            "HTTP::Headers" (perhaps you forgot to load "HTTP::Headers"?) at
            /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 462.

            We may come close to ... :)
            --
            Hitoshi
          • Hitoshi Asaeda
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
              > The sourcecode currently in CVS has the changes necessary to work with
              > mod_perl 1 and 2. Would you might helping me out?

              I installed all modules and new HTTP.pm and Lite.pm, and then
              retried. The situation goes well step by step. But not yet solved.

              I got an error saying:
              "[error] [client ::1] failed to resolve handler `Apache::SOAP': Can't
              locate Apache.pm in @INC (@INC ...) at
              /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 453."
              The reason of this was that my HTTP.pm did not think my mod_perl
              version is 2. I'm not sure why, but I just commented out the check
              procedure and made forcely use the following lines. Then it's ok.

              But another problem was the following one:
              "[error] [client ::1] Can't locate object method "header_in" via
              package "Apache::RequestRec" (perhaps you forgot to load
              "Apache::RequestRec"?) at
              /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 477."
              I thought this was because $r->header_in should be $r->headers_in.
              And I changed it and retried.

              The final error is:
              "[error] [client ::1] argument is not a blessed reference (expecting
              an APR::Table derived object) at
              /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 477."

              Any thoughts?
              --
              Hitoshi