I need a tool to monitor SOAP traffic

  • gary_grubb@agilent.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
      Hi all,

      I am calling a J2ee web service with SOAP::LIte. If I call the webservice with incorrect datatypes I get no debug info. Is there a tool that I can get to see the output of my SOAP call?

      Thanks in advance,

      Gary
    • Mark Fuller
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
        If you go to www.capeclear.com and poke around, you'll
        find a "nettool" which will get between your client
        and server. It's hard to find, so I just went and
        looked for it again. If this link doesn't work, it's
        at support and downloads.

        http://www.capescience.com/downloads/index.shtml

        The SOA editor is useful too.

        Mark

        --- gary_grubb@... wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I am calling a J2ee web service with SOAP::LIte. If
        > I call the webservice with incorrect datatypes I get
        > no debug info. Is there a tool that I can get to see
        > the output of my SOAP call?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Gary

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • Paul Harman
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
          > I am calling a J2ee web service with SOAP::LIte. If I call
          > the webservice with incorrect datatypes I get no debug info.
          > Is there a tool that I can get to see the output of my SOAP call?
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          >
          > Gary

          This E-Mail and any attachment is intended only for the person or entity for
          which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. If you are not
          the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, please inform the
          sender immediately and delete it from your computer. In addition, if you are
          not the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, any disclosure,
          upon it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
          If this E-Mail has been transmitted outside the ordinary course of its
          business, the company for which the sender works accepts no liability for
          any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from any use of or
          reliance on information contained in this E-Mail, and any opinion expressed
          in this E-Mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of
          such company. Although the network operator makes every reasonable effort to
          keep its network free from viruses, neither the network operator nor the
          sender or the company for which the sender works accepts any responsibility
          for computer viruses transmitted through this E-Mail or any attachments; it
          is your responsibility to virus scan this E-Mail and any attachments. Any
          E-Mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring
          for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.
        • Byrne Reese
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2004
            Also, tcpmon that ships with Axis is very helpful. I am sure you can
            find a binary somewhere.

          • Byron Whitlock