Element Value length limit?

  • Brian Buechler
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2004
      I am writing a SOAP::Lite CGI server that is intended to receive lots
      of xml data from a client in the form of an XML document that has been
      imbedded in a SOAP message like below:

      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope

      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <ns1:SubmitOrder xmlns:ns1="urn:provider"

      <cxmlString xsi:type="xsd:string">
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <data>...</data>
      </cxmlString>
      </ns1:ECHOSubmitOrder>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
      </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      The problem I am encountering is that when the payload inside the
      <cxmlString> is long (the number appears to be near or exactly 2777),
      I get the following parsing error:

      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>
      <faultstring>Application failed during request
      deserialization:
      no element found at line 6, column 2396, byte 2777 at Parser.pm line 187
      </faultstring>
      </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>

      The line can change, the column can change but I have always seen the
      byte be 2777.

      I am using SOAP::Lite v.6 for linux.