html tags in fault string

  • jigsaw9876
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
      Hi,

      How do I extract the faultstring and print it? My outputxml() looks like this:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://
      www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://
      schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/
      soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema" SOAP-ENV:
      encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><SOAP-ENV:
      Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Could
      not determine sequence type, sequence length is zero.
      the > header line. For example:<br>
      <pre>>Header
      MRCSISLVLGLLALEVALARNLQEHVFNSVQSMCSDDSFSEDTECINCQTNEECAQNDMC
      MSCMDPEPKSPTVISFQ
      </pre></faultstring><faultactor>WSServer</faultactor></SOAP-ENV:
      Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      I used to do die $soap->call->faultstring if $soap->call->fault and that does work if my
      faultstring has no html tags. But in this case it only prints a 500 Internal Server Error.

      Comments please!

      JS
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2004
        This is a real challenge:

        You see, your response is not valid XML. SOAP absolutely MUST be valid
        XML otherwise it cannot be parsed and it will be unable to extract data
        from the response.

        I *hate* saying this, but the author of the service need to modify the
        SOAP::Fault coming back.

        Byrne