RE: [soaplite] how to

  • Colin Magee
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2004
      Mark,

      Any chance you could mail the same examples to me? I too am new to web
      services but not to Perl, have bought the book "Web Services with Perl"
      and am too none the wiser. Is there a theme here?

      Regards
      Colin

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 22, 2004
        Hi Colin,

        I gave up using Soap::Lite instead I used a mixture of LWP and MIME tools
        for perl to simply post the formulated xml request to the server. I found
        the documentation for Soap::Lite after 2 weeks very abstract, with no real
        examples on the net.
        Graham.

        >From: "Colin Magee" <colin@...>
        >To: "'Mark Fuller'" <amigo_boy2000@...>,"'reidyre'"
        ><ron.reidy@...>
        >CC: <soaplite@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: RE: [soaplite] how to
        >Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:40:15 +0100
        >
        >Mark,
        >
        >Any chance you could mail the same examples to me? I too am new to web
        >services but not to Perl, have bought the book "Web Services with Perl"
        >and am too none the wiser. Is there a theme here?
        >
        >Regards
        >Colin

      • flarneater
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2004
          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Colin Magee" <colin@b...> wrote:
          > Mark,
          >
          > Any chance you could mail the same examples to me? I too am new to web
          > services but not to Perl, have bought the book "Web Services with Perl"
          > and am too none the wiser. Is there a theme here?

          Ditto. Some simple, complete examples, would be much appreciated.

          I will say that I did have SOAP operating on some mod-perl enabled
          servers, but it was decided (due to in-house security contraints) that
          we could not use SOAP. Don't ask. Trust me on this one.

          So, it was dropped, and I implemented some custom software to jump
          through the required security hoops. However, the time has come where
          we can start to look at SOAP again. Something fundamental has
          obviously changed in the last few years with respect to the perl SOAP
          implementation, since I didn't have any trouble at all getting it to
          work the first time.

          Cheers!

          -klm.