Re: [soaplite] empty array --> who to define type

  • Steven N. Hirsch
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2004
      On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, ar_munich wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > a webservice expects me to send an empty array (params) represented
      > by the following xml:
      > <params xsi:type="soapenc:Array" soapenc:arrayType="xsd:string[0]"
      > xmlns:ns2="http://www:8081/axis/services/ScriptRunner"
      > xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
      >
      > I tried to send an empty array with the following perl code (based on
      > soap::lite with wsdl):
      > push(@runScriptParameters,SOAP::Data->name("params" => ()) -> type
      > ('soapenc:Array' => [])->attr({'soapenc:arrayType' => 'string[0]'}));
      >
      > The result is:
      > <params soapenc:arrayType="string[0]" xsi:type="soapenc:Array"/>
      >
      > So my question is: How can I define the right type of 'params' with
      > the right order of xsi:type and soapenc:arrayType ?

      Whether or not there is a way to coerce SOAP::Lite into doing this, you
      should be aware that the XML specification does not permit or support the
      notion of ordered attributes. Any client or server which relies on such
      ordering is fundamentally broken.

      Steve

      Opinions expressed in this message are mine personally, not those of
      my employer.