Re: [soaplite] Does Soaplite provide a mechanism for variable binding?

  • Klaus Guenter
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
      Hi!

      On Monday 13 September 2004 12:49, you wrote:
      > I vaguely remember reading something about this.
      > Am I hallucinating? :)

      Yep. ;o) At least AFAICT, there is nothing like that in SOAP::Lite.
      There is a way to do that with CGI.pm though, maybe you are mixing that up.

      Regards,
      Klaus
      --
      cat /dev/world | perl -e "while (<>) {(/(^.*?\?) 42\!/) && (print $1)}"
      errors->(c)
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
        Klaus Guenter <klaus.guenter@...> wrote:
        > On Monday 13 September 2004 12:49, you wrote:
        > > I vaguely remember reading something about this.
        > > Am I hallucinating? :)
        >
        > Yep. ;o) At least AFAICT, there is nothing like that
        > in SOAP::Lite.

        He may be recalling something described in the POD
        under the heading "IN/OUT, OUT PARAMETERS AND
        AUTOBINDING". It shows an example of a client's
        variable defined as SOAP::Data, passed to the server,
        and auto-magically containing the value returned from
        the server.

        Mark

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Klaus Guenter
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
          OK, then I never saw this in the POD. Nice to know.
          Anyone ever tried that?

          Regards,
          Klaus
          --
          People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of
          the future.