[soaplite] how to

  • Peter Rooke
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 14, 2004
      Ron

      Try this Quick Start with SOAP article on Perl.com:
      http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/01/soap.html

      Peter Rooke
      Consultant
      Serena Software

      ---------------------------------
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2004
        Mark,

        Any chance you could mail the same examples to me? I too am new to web
        services but not to Perl, have bought the book "Web Services with Perl"
        and am too none the wiser. Is there a theme here?

        Regards
        Colin

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 22, 2004
          Hi Colin,

          I gave up using Soap::Lite instead I used a mixture of LWP and MIME tools
          for perl to simply post the formulated xml request to the server. I found
          the documentation for Soap::Lite after 2 weeks very abstract, with no real
          examples on the net.
          Graham.

          >From: "Colin Magee" <colin@...>
          >To: "'Mark Fuller'" <amigo_boy2000@...>,"'reidyre'"
          ><ron.reidy@...>
          >CC: <soaplite@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: RE: [soaplite] how to
          >Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:40:15 +0100
          >
          >Mark,
          >
          >Any chance you could mail the same examples to me? I too am new to web
          >services but not to Perl, have bought the book "Web Services with Perl"
          >and am too none the wiser. Is there a theme here?
          >
          >Regards
          >Colin

        • flarneater
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2004
            --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Colin Magee" <colin@b...> wrote:
            > Mark,
            >
            > Any chance you could mail the same examples to me? I too am new to web
            > services but not to Perl, have bought the book "Web Services with Perl"
            > and am too none the wiser. Is there a theme here?

            Ditto. Some simple, complete examples, would be much appreciated.

            I will say that I did have SOAP operating on some mod-perl enabled
            servers, but it was decided (due to in-house security contraints) that
            we could not use SOAP. Don't ask. Trust me on this one.

            So, it was dropped, and I implemented some custom software to jump
            through the required security hoops. However, the time has come where
            we can start to look at SOAP again. Something fundamental has
            obviously changed in the last few years with respect to the perl SOAP
            implementation, since I didn't have any trouble at all getting it to
            work the first time.

            Cheers!

            -klm.