RE: [soaplite] how to

  • Peter Rooke
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 14, 2004
      Ron

      Try this Quick Start with SOAP article on Perl.com:

      PeteR

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 14, 2004
        Ron

        Try this Quick Start with SOAP article on Perl.com:
        http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/01/soap.html

        Peter Rooke
        Consultant
        Serena Software

        ---------------------------------

        --
        Ron Reidy
        Oracle DBA

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • Colin Magee
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 20, 2004
          Mark,

          Any chance you could mail the same examples to me? I too am new to web
          services but not to Perl, have bought the book "Web Services with Perl"
          and am too none the wiser. Is there a theme here?

          Regards
          Colin

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 22, 2004
            Hi Colin,

            I gave up using Soap::Lite instead I used a mixture of LWP and MIME tools
            for perl to simply post the formulated xml request to the server. I found
            the documentation for Soap::Lite after 2 weeks very abstract, with no real
            examples on the net.
            Graham.

            >From: "Colin Magee" <colin@...>
            >To: "'Mark Fuller'" <amigo_boy2000@...>,"'reidyre'"
            ><ron.reidy@...>
            >CC: <soaplite@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: RE: [soaplite] how to
            >Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:40:15 +0100
            >
            >Mark,
            >
            >Any chance you could mail the same examples to me? I too am new to web
            >services but not to Perl, have bought the book "Web Services with Perl"
            >and am too none the wiser. Is there a theme here?
            >
            >Regards
            >Colin

          • flarneater
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 27, 2004
              --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Colin Magee" <colin@b...> wrote:
              > Mark,
              >
              > Any chance you could mail the same examples to me? I too am new to web
              > services but not to Perl, have bought the book "Web Services with Perl"
              > and am too none the wiser. Is there a theme here?

              Ditto. Some simple, complete examples, would be much appreciated.

              I will say that I did have SOAP operating on some mod-perl enabled
              servers, but it was decided (due to in-house security contraints) that
              we could not use SOAP. Don't ask. Trust me on this one.

              So, it was dropped, and I implemented some custom software to jump
              through the required security hoops. However, the time has come where
              we can start to look at SOAP again. Something fundamental has
              obviously changed in the last few years with respect to the perl SOAP
              implementation, since I didn't have any trouble at all getting it to
              work the first time.

              Cheers!

              -klm.