Does Soaplite provide a mechanism for variable binding?

  • bearlythere4444
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 13, 2004
      I mean in the sense that PHP does, where variables submitted to a form
      are immediately available without any special effort.

      I vaguely remember reading something about this.

      Am I hallucinating? :)

      TIA,

      Harry
    • Klaus Guenter
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
        Hi!

        On Monday 13 September 2004 12:49, you wrote:
        > I vaguely remember reading something about this.
        > Am I hallucinating? :)

        Yep. ;o) At least AFAICT, there is nothing like that in SOAP::Lite.
        There is a way to do that with CGI.pm though, maybe you are mixing that up.

        Regards,
        Klaus
        --
        cat /dev/world | perl -e "while (<>) {(/(^.*?\?) 42\!/) && (print $1)}"
        errors->(c)
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
          Klaus Guenter <klaus.guenter@...> wrote:
          > On Monday 13 September 2004 12:49, you wrote:
          > > I vaguely remember reading something about this.
          > > Am I hallucinating? :)
          >
          > Yep. ;o) At least AFAICT, there is nothing like that
          > in SOAP::Lite.

          He may be recalling something described in the POD
          under the heading "IN/OUT, OUT PARAMETERS AND
          AUTOBINDING". It shows an example of a client's
          variable defined as SOAP::Data, passed to the server,
          and auto-magically containing the value returned from
          the server.

          Mark

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Klaus Guenter
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16, 2004
            OK, then I never saw this in the POD. Nice to know.
            Anyone ever tried that?

            Regards,
            Klaus
            --
            People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of
            the future.