What is the latest Soaplite for Win32? If 0.6, how to install?

  • bearlythere4444
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hi,

      I have Win32 Activeperl installed (5.8), which includes SOAPLite
      0.55. It was suggested that I install SOAPLite 0.6, possibly from

      http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/SOAP-Lite.ppd

      When I try this, I get the message that "SOAPLite already installed."

      If I try to unintall, I get the message that SOAPLite is required,
      and I can't remove it.

      Any suggestions? Am I missing anything important staying with 0.55?

      According to www.soaplite.com, 0.60 is not available for Win32, and
      is still the development release for Unix/Linux.

      TIA,

      Harry Pierson
    • Mark Fuller
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
        I installed SOAP::Lite v60 on Windows XP using the
        distribution on CPAN. I simply did "perl Makefile.PL"
        and "nmake"[1]

        [1]
        http://download.microsoft.com/download/vc15/Patch/1.52/W95/EN-US/Nmake15.exe

        Mark

        --- bearlythere4444 <soaplite@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have Win32 Activeperl installed (5.8), which
        > includes SOAPLite
        > 0.55. It was suggested that I install SOAPLite 0.6,
        > possibly from
        >
        > http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/x86/SOAP-Lite.ppd
        >
        > When I try this, I get the message that "SOAPLite
        > already installed."
        >
        > If I try to unintall, I get the message that
        > SOAPLite is required,
        > and I can't remove it.
        >
        > Any suggestions? Am I missing anything important
        > staying with 0.55?
        >
        > According to www.soaplite.com, 0.60 is not available
        > for Win32, and
        > is still the development release for Unix/Linux.
        >
        > TIA,
        >
        > Harry Pierson

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
      • Issac Goldstand
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2004
          Try adding
          http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58 as a PPM
          repository and then do: ppm upgrade -install -precious SOAP-LiteThat might
          help. Issac.----- Original Message -----