Crypt::SSLeay for ActiveState Perl

  • aviannachao
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2004
      I was going to post a question about this, but then I found this very
      useful web page, and thought I'd share it (in case there were others
      banging their heads against the wall like I was):

      http://johnbokma.com/perl/https.html

      The problem I was having was when my soap client tried to connect to
      the HTTPS server, it would die with a

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: 501 (Not Implemented)
      Protocol scheme 'https' is not supported (Crypt::SSLeay not installed)

      Well actually it didn't just display that (if it did, I would have
      figured out the problem much sooner), no no, it would actually go into
      an infinite loop. Without debug statements, the script would just sit
      there. I only found out the actual error message after putting

      use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(transport)

      and noticing that there was a server response to the initial request,
      and then using

      use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug)

      plus a fast CTRL+C to see what the actual error response was.

      So after installing Crypt::SSLeay by pointing ppm to install
      http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/Crypt-SSLeay.ppd the script now works.