Re: [soaplite] SOAP/XML-RPC/WSDL help

  • Tilman Baumann
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2004
      Sorry, can't help you with soaplite in this case.
      But why don't you use a telnet like protocol?
      SOAP isn't really made for streams.

      In a simple case you could just use netcat wrapped via a simple (x)inetd
      service.

      If you would like to add the ability to change serial port speed and
      other controll features, you need to ancapsulate it like telnet.
      It's a bit ugly but you ton;t really have a coice if you would like to
      multiplex two streams (control and data) into one tcp stream. (Without
      designing a mess like ftp *g*)

      MfG
      Tilman Baumann

      --
      Tilman Baumann

      pyramid computer GmbH
      Boetzinger Strasse 60
      D-79111 Freiburg

      They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
      - Benjamin Franklin