Re: Please help: Wide character problem using soap.lite

  • frozenvillage
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2004
      > Base64 is probably the simplest way to send the string, something
      like

      > $soap->mymethod(SOAP::Data->type(base64 => $mystring));
      >
      > Regards
      > Duncan

      Hi Duncan, thanks for your reply.

      If the Base64 is the simplest way to send the string, why do I get
      this "Wide Character" problem. I do not send any character like
      asian character or else, just plain english sentences which stored
      ad a compressed XML file (When I want to send this zip file, I read
      it as a binary, this binary is then treated as string).

      I downloaded this soap.lite, compile it to a dll file, without
      making any changes to the module. Is it the correct way?
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
        At 2004-08-20, 05:15:20 frozenvillage <frozenvillage@...> wrote:

        >> Base64 is probably the simplest way to send the string, something
        >like
        >>
        >> $soap->mymethod(SOAP::Data->type(base64 => $mystring));
        >>
        >> Regards
        >> Duncan
        >
        >Hi Duncan, thanks for your reply.
        >
        >If the Base64 is the simplest way to send the string, why do I get
        >this "Wide Character" problem. I do not send any character like
        >asian character or else, just plain english sentences which stored
        >ad a compressed XML file (When I want to send this zip file, I read
        >it as a binary, this binary is then treated as string).

        Ah yes, SOAP::Lite probably detects that the string is binary and so
        sends as base64 automatically.

        >I downloaded this soap.lite, compile it to a dll file, without
        >making any changes to the module. Is it the correct way?

        I don't understand what you mean by this, 'compile to a dll'. Are you not running perl directly?

        Regards
        Duncan