fastcgi soaplite server?

  • anotherhale
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
      Is there away to implement a soaplite server in fastcgi? I have a
      soaplite implementation based on the 1.a example from the soaplite
      guide. I am new to fastcgi and don't see how to do it. I appreciate
      your help.

      If it is possible can you demonstrate it with the simple example from
      the soaplite guide?

      Andy Hale

      Example from the guide:

      ---------------CUT-------------------
      1.a. server (hibye.cgi)
      #!perl -w

      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      -> handle;

      package Demo;

      sub hi {
      return "hello, world";
      }

      sub bye {
      return "goodbye, cruel world";
      }
      ---------------CUT-------------------

      ---------------CUT-------------------
      1.a. client (hibye.pl)

      #!perl -w

      use SOAP::Lite;

      print SOAP::Lite
      -> uri('http://www.soaplite.com/Demo')
      -> proxy('http://services.soaplite.com/hibye.cgi')
      -> hi()
      -> result;
      ---------------CUT-------------------
    • Mark Fuller
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
        anotherhale <andy.hale.ctr@...> wrote:
        > Is there away to implement a soaplite server in
        > fastcgi?

        I'm not familiar with fastcgi. But, I am familiar with
        cgi::speedycgi (aka cgi::persistantperl). If fastcgi
        similarly keeps your script persistant for faster
        execution, why would it require anything special just
        because the CGI is an instance of SOAP::Lite? If you
        use the CGI transport, then it should be like any
        other CGI and gizmos like cgi::speedycgi shouldn't
        care. Speedycgi is a bit confusing to use. But, I
        don't think the type of CGI it is executing affects
        it. If you can get a normal "print <p>hello world</p>"
        CGI to work in speedycgi, I'd think a SOAP::Lite
        server using CGI transport should work.

        Am I missing something?

        Mark

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail