Re: [soaplite] Please help: Wide character problem using soap.lite

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2004
      At 2004-08-19, 08:45:29 frozenvillage <frozenvillage@...> wrote:

      >Hi all
      >
      >I have a zip file to be transmitted as a string to the server. I use
      >Soap::lite v0.55. But this soap.lite return an error that Wide
      >Character in subroutine entry at Lite.pm line 129.
      >
      >Since I am new to this soap.lite, please somebody help me to solve
      >this. I am dying to do this soap.lite. Thank you. This ispart of the
      >code in lite.pm
      >
      >Do I haveto change the encoding? If yes, is it all this base64 that
      >must be changed? to what?
      >
      >sub as_base64 {
      > my $self = shift;
      > my($value, $name, $type, $attr) = @_;
      > require MIME::Base64;
      > return [$name, {'xsi:type' => SOAP::Utils::qualify($self-
      >>encprefix => 'base64'), %$attr}, MIME::Base64::encode_base64
      >($value,'')];
      >}

      Base64 is probably the simplest way to send the string, something like

      $soap->mymethod(SOAP::Data->type(base64 => $mystring));

      Regards
      Duncan
    • frozenvillage
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2004
        > Base64 is probably the simplest way to send the string, something
        like

        > $soap->mymethod(SOAP::Data->type(base64 => $mystring));
        >
        > Regards
        > Duncan

        Hi Duncan, thanks for your reply.

        If the Base64 is the simplest way to send the string, why do I get
        this "Wide Character" problem. I do not send any character like
        asian character or else, just plain english sentences which stored
        ad a compressed XML file (When I want to send this zip file, I read
        it as a binary, this binary is then treated as string).

        I downloaded this soap.lite, compile it to a dll file, without
        making any changes to the module. Is it the correct way?
      • Duncan Cameron
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20, 2004
          At 2004-08-20, 05:15:20 frozenvillage <frozenvillage@...> wrote:

          >> Base64 is probably the simplest way to send the string, something
          >like
          >>
          >> $soap->mymethod(SOAP::Data->type(base64 => $mystring));
          >>
          >> Regards
          >> Duncan
          >
          >Hi Duncan, thanks for your reply.
          >
          >If the Base64 is the simplest way to send the string, why do I get
          >this "Wide Character" problem. I do not send any character like
          >asian character or else, just plain english sentences which stored
          >ad a compressed XML file (When I want to send this zip file, I read
          >it as a binary, this binary is then treated as string).

          Ah yes, SOAP::Lite probably detects that the string is binary and so
          sends as base64 automatically.

          >I downloaded this soap.lite, compile it to a dll file, without
          >making any changes to the module. Is it the correct way?

          I don't understand what you mean by this, 'compile to a dll'. Are you not running perl directly?

          Regards
          Duncan