Re: SOLUTION: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite server with .NET client - SOAPAction woes

  • wxyc
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 12, 2004
      Issac -

      I am having a similar problem on making a client(in Axis/Java 1.1)
      call a SOAP::Lite server, and your post is helpful.

      However, by following your advices, the problem is not gone.

      My WS server is deployed in the static mode and is not a WSDL-type
      server . Here is the code:

      --------------------8<-----------------------
      #! /usr/local/bin/perl -w
      use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      use lib ("/nas/dev/test/testSoap/");
      use EchoYa qw(echoYa);

      $SIG{PIPE} = $SIG{INT} = 'IGNORE';

      $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
      -> new (LocalPort => 8003)
      -> dispatch_to('EchoYa');
      $daemon->handle;
      --------------------8<-----------------------

      The EchoYa.pm is like this:
      --------------------8<-----------------------
      package EchoYa;

      require Exporter;
      @ISA = qw(Exporter);
      @EXPORT = qw( echoYa );

      sub echoYa {
      print "enter echoYa\n";
      my $self = shift;
      my $ya = shift;
      return "I got $ya!";
      }
      1;
      --------------------8<-----------------------

      I changed the relevent line of the client to set the SOAPAction as
      "urn:EchoYa#echoYa", I still got an error:

      SOAPAction shall match 'uri#method' if present (got
      'urn:EchoYa#echoYa', expected '#echoYa'

      You post sounds like you have a WSDL serveice written in SOAP::Lite.
      How did you do that? because SOAP::Lite does not really provide bolts
      and nuts for writing a WSDL server?

      Thanks,

      Donald

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Issac Goldstand" <margol@b...>
      wrote:
      > MessageThanks for all the suggestions. I will attempt to include
      lots of details in this response for the sake of the archives.

      > My original suspicion was that the MS type namespaces (eg / instead
      of #, or "s or lack thereof, or urn: or http:, etc) were not the
      issue, as the *server* is the part that cares about the namespace, and
      to properly create a proxy from WSDL, any toolkit regardless of the
      underlying framwork, need to take the WSDL and just *do what it says*

      > Futher, using "urn:MyApp" tends to be important when talking to
      SOAP::Lite, using the format of "urn:Foo/Bar#baz" may be important,
      simply because when dispatching (I think both dynamicly and staticly)
      the SOAP calls to the actually methods, SOAP::Lite translates
      everything between "urn:" and "#" to the class, substituting "/" for
      "::", and everything after "#" as the method name. For example:
      > soapAction="urn:Foo/Bar#Baz" becomes Foo::Bar::baz (or baz in
      package Foo::Bar if that wasn't clear)
      > soapAction="urn:MyApp#Method" becomes MyApp::Method
      > etc
      >
      > Also, there are lots of mentions in the archives and in the
      SOAP::Lite docs seemingly saying that MS doesn't play nicely with RPC
      type operations, but I've encoutnered no problems with it; quite the
      opposite.

      > As it turns out, my problem was that MS requires the namespace to be
      explicitly defined wherever possible. In my final (working) WSDL, the
      namespace of wsdl had to be set to "urn:MyApp" (I also set
      targetNamespace to "urn:MyApp"), and each "main" section needed to be
      fully qualified (see below for snippet). Additionally, in the
      bindings section, each operation's input/output/etc "body" needs to
      have the namespace fully qualified (eg < soap:body "urn:MyApp:Method"
      ... />)

      > Also, make sure to use UTF-8, as I sometimes had crashes when
      talking utf-16 to SOAP::Lite from MS...

      > the WSDL structure should thus be as follows:
      >
      > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      > <wsdl:definitions name="MyApp" targetNamespace="urn:MyApp"
      xmlns="urn:MyApp" xmlns:tns="urn:MyApp"
      xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
      > <wsdl:message name="MethodRequest">
      > <wsdl:part name="somePart" type="xsd:string"/>
      > </wsdl:message>
      > <wsdl:portType name="MyAppPortType">
      > <wsdl:operation name="Method">
      > <wsdl:input message="tns:MethodRequest"/>
      > <wsdl:output message="tns:MethodResponse"/>
      > </wsdl:operation>
      > </wsdl:portType>
      > <wsdl:binding name="MyAppBinding" type="tns:MyAppPortType">
      > <soap:binding style="rpc"
      > <wsdl:operation name="Method">
      > <soap:operation soapAction="urn:MyApp#Method"
      style="rpc"/>
      > <wsdl:input>
      > <soap:body namespace="urn:MyApp" use="literal"/>
      > </wsdl:input>
      > <wsdl:output>
      > <soap:body namespace="urn:MyApp" use="literal"/>
      > </wsdl:output>
      > </wsdl:operation>
      > </wsdl:binding>
      > <wsdl:service name="MyApp">
      > <wsdl:port binding="tns:MyAppBinding" name="MyAppPort">
      > <soap:address location="http://localhost:8082"/>
      > </wsdl:port>
      > </wsdl:service>
      > </wsdl:definitions>
      >
      > One everything was all nice and fully-qualified, it seemed to work
      fine in .NET 1.x
      > I'm currently playing with it on the new beta of 2.0, but I think
      it's all good there too

      > Issac

      SOAPAction woes

      > I have created a .NET client that talks to a SOAP::Lite server
      (using simple and complex types in either direction)

      > > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client SOAPAction shall match
      'uri#method' if
      > > present (got 'urn:MyApp#Method)

      of Service.
    • Mark Fuller
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 12, 2004
        > How did you do that? because SOAP::Lite does not
        > really provide bolts
        > and nuts for writing a WSDL server?

        I'm hardly qualified to speak on this, but I don't
        think you write a WSDL server. You write a web service
        using SOAP::Lite's server capabilities. You write a
        WSDL defining that service. The WSDL is provided to
        the client.

        I have a working example of this if you would like it.
        I got it to work using Isaac's posted information.

        Email me at amigo_boy2000 y,a,h,o,o, d,o...t c...o,m
        if you want it.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Issac Goldstand
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 12, 2004
          First of all, as Mark already mentioned, you don't write a WSDL "server".
          WSDL is a document which describes the web service, much like DTDs were used
          for XML (I think XML Schema's are too complex to make an accurate
          comparison). Many WS server toolkits help out by generating WSDL for you.
          SOAP::Lite is, unfortunately, not one of those. WSDL needs to be written
          the old fashined way - using your favorite text editor.

          As o the error message, I'm no expert on the SOAP::Lite dispatcher, but it
          seems to me that the fact that you're exporting the function into the "main"
          namespace may be confusing it. The dispatcher may come across the "echoYa"
          method in the "main" namespace first, and send that to the HTTP::Server
          object to test against the SOAPAction header. Thus, it wouldn't see
          EchoYa::echoYa as being correct, and spitting that error. Try not
          exporting/importing symbols to see if that works. (It would also be
          interesting if you tried calling main::echoYa and seeing if that worked
          better).

          Hope that helps a bit,

        • Donald Chen
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 13, 2004
            Issac,

            Thanks for the WSDL explanation. I was not quite clear about WSDL stuff.

            It turns out that after a bit tweaks on the way to invoke the service on the client, it works.
            (Frankly, I am still do not know why it works). Here are the version which works:

            -------------------------------------8<-----------------------------
            1. package samples.userguide.example1;

            2. import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
            3. import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
            4. import javax.xml.namespace.QName;

            5. public class TestClient {
            6. public static void main(String [] args) {
            7. String ret = "1";
            8. try {
            9. String endpoint = "http://locahost:8003/echoYaDaemon";
            10.
            11. Service service = new Service();
            12. Call call = (Call) service.createCall();
            13.
            14. call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
            15. call.setOperationName(new QName("urn:EchoYa", "echoYa"));
            16. call.setUseSOAPAction(true);
            17. call.setSOAPActionURI("urn:EchoYa#echoYa");
            18.
            19. ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { args[0] } );
            20.
            21. System.out.println("Sent " + args[0] + ", got '" + ret + "'");
            22. } catch (Exception e) {
            23. System.err.println(e.toString());
            24. }
            25. }
            26. }
            As you can see, line 15 and 16 are the ones been altered.

            As for the exporting/importing the method on the service dispatcher, I tried both with
            exporting/importing and the without them. They do not make difference.

            Thanks again,

            Donald

            === message truncated ===

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail