standalone soap server w/SSL

  • ojerteg
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9 11:42 PM
      Hi all!

      I am trying to set upp my own SOAP server. The server should use
      SSL/HTTPs for client communication. I have only found one example that
      does not work.

      my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon::ForkOnAccept
      -> new (LocalPort => $port,
      reuse => 1,
      SSL_key_file=> $SSL_KEY,
      SSL_cert_file=> $SSL_CERT,
      SSL_ca_file => $SSL_CERT,
      SSL_verify_mode => 0x03
      )
      -> dispatch_to('dispatcher')
      ;

      I've installed Crypt SSLeay as mentioned in SOAP::Lite docs. $SSL_KEY
      and $SSL_CERT points to certificate files. It seems as SSL works on
      client side according to debug output:

      SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
      SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
      SSL_connect:error in SSLv2/v3 read server hello A
      SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
      SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client hello A
      SSL3 alert write:fatal:handshake failure
      SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 read server hello A
      SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
      SSL_connect:SSLv2 write client hello A
      SSL_connect:error in SSLv2 read server hello A
      500 SSL negotiation failed: at client.pl line 19

      Maybe everyone is using a frontend web server for this?

      /Theo
    • Alasdair Allan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10 3:49 AM
        > I am trying to set upp my own SOAP server. The server should use
        > SSL/HTTPs for client communication. I have only found one example that
        > does not work.
        >

        > my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon::ForkOnAccept

        While the documentation doesn't really make this clear, my understanding
        from talking to Paul and Bryne at last years OSCON was that the Daemon
        code didn't support SSL.

        Al.
        --
        Dr. A. Allan, School of Physics, University of Exeter