Re: SOLUTION: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite server with .NET client - SOAPAction woes

  • Mark Fuller
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 30, 2004
      --- Issac Goldstand <margol@...> wrote:
      > This is straight from the mini-documentation bundled
      > with Cape Clear's
      > wonderful free SOA WSDL editor:

      In case anyone wants the WSDL editor, the link is

      http://www.capescience.com/downloads/index.shtml

      I haven't installed it yet, but it looks like a
      tremendous to good to be true.

      Mark

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • wxyc
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 12 8:16 AM
        Issac -

        I am having a similar problem on making a client(in Axis/Java 1.1)
        call a SOAP::Lite server, and your post is helpful.

        However, by following your advices, the problem is not gone.

        My WS server is deployed in the static mode and is not a WSDL-type
        server . Here is the code:

        --------------------8<-----------------------
        #! /usr/local/bin/perl -w
        use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
        use lib ("/nas/dev/test/testSoap/");
        use EchoYa qw(echoYa);

        $SIG{PIPE} = $SIG{INT} = 'IGNORE';

        $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
        -> new (LocalPort => 8003)
        -> dispatch_to('EchoYa');
        $daemon->handle;
        --------------------8<-----------------------

        The EchoYa.pm is like this:
        --------------------8<-----------------------
        package EchoYa;

        require Exporter;
        @ISA = qw(Exporter);
        @EXPORT = qw( echoYa );

        sub echoYa {
        print "enter echoYa\n";
        my $self = shift;
        my $ya = shift;
        return "I got $ya!";
        }
        1;
        --------------------8<-----------------------

        I changed the relevent line of the client to set the SOAPAction as
        "urn:EchoYa#echoYa", I still got an error:

        SOAPAction shall match 'uri#method' if present (got
        'urn:EchoYa#echoYa', expected '#echoYa'

        You post sounds like you have a WSDL serveice written in SOAP::Lite.
        How did you do that? because SOAP::Lite does not really provide bolts
        and nuts for writing a WSDL server?

        Thanks,

        Donald

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "Issac Goldstand" <margol@b...>
        wrote:
        > MessageThanks for all the suggestions. I will attempt to include
        lots of details in this response for the sake of the archives.

        > My original suspicion was that the MS type namespaces (eg / instead
        of #, or "s or lack thereof, or urn: or http:, etc) were not the
        issue, as the *server* is the part that cares about the namespace, and
        to properly create a proxy from WSDL, any toolkit regardless of the
        underlying framwork, need to take the WSDL and just *do what it says*

        > Futher, using "urn:MyApp" tends to be important when talking to
        SOAP::Lite, using the format of "urn:Foo/Bar#baz" may be important,
        simply because when dispatching (I think both dynamicly and staticly)
        the SOAP calls to the actually methods, SOAP::Lite translates
        everything between "urn:" and "#" to the class, substituting "/" for
        "::", and everything after "#" as the method name. For example:
        > soapAction="urn:Foo/Bar#Baz" becomes Foo::Bar::baz (or baz in
        package Foo::Bar if that wasn't clear)
        > soapAction="urn:MyApp#Method" becomes MyApp::Method
        > etc
        >
        > Also, there are lots of mentions in the archives and in the
        SOAP::Lite docs seemingly saying that MS doesn't play nicely with RPC
        type operations, but I've encoutnered no problems with it; quite the
        opposite.

        > As it turns out, my problem was that MS requires the namespace to be
        explicitly defined wherever possible. In my final (working) WSDL, the
        namespace of wsdl had to be set to "urn:MyApp" (I also set
        targetNamespace to "urn:MyApp"), and each "main" section needed to be
        fully qualified (see below for snippet). Additionally, in the
        bindings section, each operation's input/output/etc "body" needs to
        have the namespace fully qualified (eg < soap:body "urn:MyApp:Method"
        ... />)

        > Also, make sure to use UTF-8, as I sometimes had crashes when
        talking utf-16 to SOAP::Lite from MS...

        > the WSDL structure should thus be as follows:
        >
        > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        > <wsdl:definitions name="MyApp" targetNamespace="urn:MyApp"
        xmlns="urn:MyApp" xmlns:tns="urn:MyApp"
        xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
        > <wsdl:message name="MethodRequest">
        > <wsdl:part name="somePart" type="xsd:string"/>
        > </wsdl:message>
        > <wsdl:portType name="MyAppPortType">
        > <wsdl:operation name="Method">
        > <wsdl:input message="tns:MethodRequest"/>
        > <wsdl:output message="tns:MethodResponse"/>
        > </wsdl:operation>
        > </wsdl:portType>
        > <wsdl:binding name="MyAppBinding" type="tns:MyAppPortType">
        > <soap:binding style="rpc"
        > <wsdl:operation name="Method">
        > <soap:operation soapAction="urn:MyApp#Method"
        style="rpc"/>
        > <wsdl:input>
        > <soap:body namespace="urn:MyApp" use="literal"/>
        > </wsdl:input>
        > <wsdl:output>
        > <soap:body namespace="urn:MyApp" use="literal"/>
        > </wsdl:output>
        > </wsdl:operation>
        > </wsdl:binding>
        > <wsdl:service name="MyApp">
        > <wsdl:port binding="tns:MyAppBinding" name="MyAppPort">
        > <soap:address location="http://localhost:8082"/>
        > </wsdl:port>
        > </wsdl:service>
        > </wsdl:definitions>
        >
        > One everything was all nice and fully-qualified, it seemed to work
        fine in .NET 1.x
        > I'm currently playing with it on the new beta of 2.0, but I think
        it's all good there too

        > Issac

        SOAPAction woes

        > I have created a .NET client that talks to a SOAP::Lite server
        (using simple and complex types in either direction)

        > > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client SOAPAction shall match
        'uri#method' if
        > > present (got 'urn:MyApp#Method)

        of Service.
      • Mark Fuller
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 12 9:02 AM
          > How did you do that? because SOAP::Lite does not
          > really provide bolts
          > and nuts for writing a WSDL server?

          I'm hardly qualified to speak on this, but I don't
          think you write a WSDL server. You write a web service
          using SOAP::Lite's server capabilities. You write a
          WSDL defining that service. The WSDL is provided to
          the client.

          I have a working example of this if you would like it.
          I got it to work using Isaac's posted information.

          Email me at amigo_boy2000 y,a,h,o,o, d,o...t c...o,m
          if you want it.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Issac Goldstand
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 12 12:00 PM
            First of all, as Mark already mentioned, you don't write a WSDL "server".
            WSDL is a document which describes the web service, much like DTDs were used
            for XML (I think XML Schema's are too complex to make an accurate
            comparison). Many WS server toolkits help out by generating WSDL for you.
            SOAP::Lite is, unfortunately, not one of those. WSDL needs to be written
            the old fashined way - using your favorite text editor.

            As o the error message, I'm no expert on the SOAP::Lite dispatcher, but it
            seems to me that the fact that you're exporting the function into the "main"
            namespace may be confusing it. The dispatcher may come across the "echoYa"
            method in the "main" namespace first, and send that to the HTTP::Server
            object to test against the SOAPAction header. Thus, it wouldn't see
            EchoYa::echoYa as being correct, and spitting that error. Try not
            exporting/importing symbols to see if that works. (It would also be
            interesting if you tried calling main::echoYa and seeing if that worked
            better).

            Hope that helps a bit,

          • Donald Chen
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 13 7:28 AM
              Issac,

              Thanks for the WSDL explanation. I was not quite clear about WSDL stuff.

              It turns out that after a bit tweaks on the way to invoke the service on the client, it works.
              (Frankly, I am still do not know why it works). Here are the version which works:

              -------------------------------------8<-----------------------------
              1. package samples.userguide.example1;

              2. import org.apache.axis.client.Call;
              3. import org.apache.axis.client.Service;
              4. import javax.xml.namespace.QName;

              5. public class TestClient {
              6. public static void main(String [] args) {
              7. String ret = "1";
              8. try {
              9. String endpoint = "http://locahost:8003/echoYaDaemon";
              10.
              11. Service service = new Service();
              12. Call call = (Call) service.createCall();
              13.
              14. call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
              15. call.setOperationName(new QName("urn:EchoYa", "echoYa"));
              16. call.setUseSOAPAction(true);
              17. call.setSOAPActionURI("urn:EchoYa#echoYa");
              18.
              19. ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { args[0] } );
              20.
              21. System.out.println("Sent " + args[0] + ", got '" + ret + "'");
              22. } catch (Exception e) {
              23. System.err.println(e.toString());
              24. }
              25. }
              26. }
              As you can see, line 15 and 16 are the ones been altered.

              As for the exporting/importing the method on the service dispatcher, I tried both with
              exporting/importing and the without them. They do not make difference.

              Thanks again,

              Donald

              === message truncated ===

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail