Where are the example??? Faq???

  • bearlythere4444
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28 10:52 AM
      This is probably a problem on my end, but I am at wits end.

      According to the soaplite documentation (on cpan and elsewhere)

      "WHERE TO FIND EXAMPLES
      See t/*.t, examples/*.pl and the module documentation for a client-
      side examples that demonstrate the serialization of a SOAP request,
      sending it via HTTP to the server and receiving the response, and the
      deserialization of the response. See examples/server/* for server-
      side implementations."

      I tried to find these directories on my machine, on www.soaplite.com
      etc, without luck.

      I'm trying to find out as much as I can before asking for any help.
      In addition to the cookbook and quickstart guide at soaplite.com, and
      the excellent info at majordojo.com, is there a faq for soaplite?

      Any and all suggestions are welcome.
    • Mark Fuller
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28 12:16 PM
        --- bearlythere4444 <soaplite@...> wrote:

        > "WHERE TO FIND EXAMPLES

        I found the examples on CPAN by extrapolating from a
        link to examples/readme on the main SOAP::Lite page.

        http://search.cpan.org/src/BYRNE/SOAP-Lite-0.60a/examples/

        You can find these same examples on www.soaplite.com
        in the CVS area. You have to poke around in the
        different directories.

        I share your frustration. The module works great. But,
        it is frustrating the way so many pieces of
        information are in so many places. In my opinion there
        are *too many* ways to do the same thing. This makes
        it difficult for any one set of documentation, or
        examples, to address how a task might be accomplished.
        All the different locations containing bits of
        information make it difficult to harmonize the
        different ways a task might be accomplished. In my
        opinion, the module would benefit from reeling in some
        of the tricky features and make the interface simpler
        so it can be described in a more straightforward
        manner.

        And, while I'm complaining (sorry, I like the module
        and don't want to discourage anyone)... The book was
        *really* exasperating to me. I felt like someone was
        playing that old gag where you ask for directions and
        you're told "you know the road that goes to the
        church? and it forks to the left? and you go left and
        you see the market?" "Yes." "well, you don't want to
        go that way." It just seemed like a lot of the text
        was focused on what you're *not* going to do.

        I have some basic "getting started" examples I can
        email to you. They might help you get going in the
        right direction if you're just starting. They are far
        from complete. But, at least you'd have something
        functional to work from.

        amigo_boy2000 (a.) ya--hoo (do)t com

        Mark

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28 3:15 PM
          This information is in the full distribution package; you can
          download it from soaplite.com
          (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/soaplite/SOAP-Lite-0.60.tar.gz?download).
          It's also available online on CPAN, you can browse all examples and
          other files in the package here:
          http://search.cpan.org/src/BYRNE/SOAP-Lite-0.60a/.

          Currenly there is no FAQ for SOAP::Lite; I started compile questions
          and answers, but haven't finished this work yet.

          Paul.