RE: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite server with .NET client - SOAPAction woes

  • Maurice McCabe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 2004
      Message
      I have created a .NET client that talks to a SOAP::Lite server (using simple and complex types in either direction)

      The error message:
      > SOAP::Serializer::envelope: Client SOAPAction shall match 'uri#method' if
      > present (got
      'urn:MyApp#Method)

      happens to be self explanatory if interpreted literally. It is expecting a SOAPAction of format 'uri#method' and is getting 'urn:MyApp#Method'. This means you have to remove the 'urn:' portion.

      In other words in the wsdl replace
          SOAPAction="urn:MyApp#Method"
      with
          SOAPAction="MyApp#Method"

      This is how I have set it up in my WSDL and it works fine.

      BTW: The only MS Knowledge Base articles I have found describe connecting SOAP::Lite Clients to .NET Servers but not visa versa. AFAIK, you are on your own in terms of support from Microsoft if you want to go visa versa.

      Maurice