Re: [soaplite] SOAP install can't find XML::Parser::Expat in XML/Parser.pm

  • Issac Goldstand
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2004
      The Perl module simply links against a dynamic library (.so on *NIX-like
      systems, .DLL on win32 systems) - it is the library (and not the .pm file)
      that it's not finding. You have 3 basic options:

      1) Staticly link the expat library into the Perl module (probably not the
      right option unless you're redistributing the binary, and even then not
      always needed)
      2) Copy the libexpat.so (or whatever the name is) to the directory with
      other binary (non-pm) files for Expat.pm (probably
      site_perl/i686...yourarch.../auto/XML or something like that)
      3) (Best idea) configure your system to search for shared libraries under
      ~/lib and make sure you make install expat to ~/

      Issac