Re: [soaplite] Don't understand SSL - basic perl error?

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
      At 2004-07-09, 13:57:29 Paul Harman <paul.harman@...> wrote:

      >From: Duncan Cameron [mailto:duncan_cameron2002@...]
      >> Earlier this week there was a post about which SSL modules
      >> you need to install to use https.
      >
      >Really? perhaps you'd be so kind as to post an ID reference to the
      >post on
      >Yahoo! groups...?
      This is the one that I was referring to

      See my response to point 3 of the original post.

      Regards
      Duncan
    • Paul Harman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
        From: Duncan Cameron [mailto:duncan_cameron2002@...]

        Ta... I did see that message at the time, but ignored it since I'm on
        Solaris and thus am not using ActivePerl. I'll try and persuade the
        sysadmins to install the other packages...

        Do I then need to have them reisnatll SOAP::Lite to pick up the changes?

        Paul

        This E-Mail and any attachment is intended only for the person or entity for
        which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. If you are not
        the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, please inform the
        sender immediately and delete it from your computer. In addition, if you are
        not the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, any disclosure,
        upon it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
        If this E-Mail has been transmitted outside the ordinary course of its
        business, the company for which the sender works accepts no liability for
        any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from any use of or
        reliance on information contained in this E-Mail, and any opinion expressed
        in this E-Mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of
        such company. Although the network operator makes every reasonable effort to
        keep its network free from viruses, neither the network operator nor the
        sender or the company for which the sender works accepts any responsibility
        for computer viruses transmitted through this E-Mail or any attachments; it
        is your responsibility to virus scan this E-Mail and any attachments. Any
        E-Mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring
        for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.
      • Issac Goldstand
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
          For the record, if you're building the CPAN module on your own, you only
          need Net::SSLeay to "activate" https features in LWP.

          > > Earlier this week there was a post about which SSL modules
          > > you need to install to use https.
          >
          > Really? perhaps you'd be so kind as to post an ID reference to the post on
          > Yahoo! groups...?
          >
          > I've looked through the archive, and seen *lots* of mails about how to get
          > SSL working *server side* (with references to apache and mod_soap, none of
          > which is relevant to me). But *client* side, I can't find anything...
          other
          > than RTFM style hints, and the FM just says "use https:// instead of
          > http://", which surely isn't the full story.
          >
          > Paul
          >

          > This E-Mail and any attachment is intended only for the person or entity
          for
          > which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. If you are
          not
          > the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, please inform the
          > sender immediately and delete it from your computer. In addition, if you
          are
          > not the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, any disclosure,
          > copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
          reliance
          > upon it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
          > If this E-Mail has been transmitted outside the ordinary course of its
          > business, the company for which the sender works accepts no liability for
          > any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from any use of or
          > reliance on information contained in this E-Mail, and any opinion
          expressed
          > in this E-Mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion
          of
          > such company. Although the network operator makes every reasonable effort
          > keep its network free from viruses, neither the network operator nor the
          > sender or the company for which the sender works accepts any
          responsibility
          > for computer viruses transmitted through this E-Mail or any attachments;
          it
          > is your responsibility to virus scan this E-Mail and any attachments. Any
          > E-Mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring
          > for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Issac Goldstand
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
            Once Net::SSLeay is installed you don't need to "redo" anything - it will
            Just Work (tm) :-)

            Issac