RE: [soaplite] Don't understand SSL - basic perl error?

  • Paul Harman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
      From: Duncan Cameron [mailto:duncan_cameron2002@...]
      > Earlier this week there was a post about which SSL modules
      > you need to install to use https.

      Really? perhaps you'd be so kind as to post an ID reference to the post on
      Yahoo! groups...?

      I've looked through the archive, and seen *lots* of mails about how to get
      SSL working *server side* (with references to apache and mod_soap, none of
      which is relevant to me). But *client* side, I can't find anything... other
      than RTFM style hints, and the FM just says "use https:// instead of
      http://", which surely isn't the full story.

      Paul

      This E-Mail and any attachment is intended only for the person or entity for
      which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. If you are not
      the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, please inform the
      sender immediately and delete it from your computer. In addition, if you are
      not the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, any disclosure,
      upon it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
      If this E-Mail has been transmitted outside the ordinary course of its
      business, the company for which the sender works accepts no liability for
      any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from any use of or
      reliance on information contained in this E-Mail, and any opinion expressed
      in this E-Mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of
      such company. Although the network operator makes every reasonable effort to
      keep its network free from viruses, neither the network operator nor the
      sender or the company for which the sender works accepts any responsibility
      for computer viruses transmitted through this E-Mail or any attachments; it
      is your responsibility to virus scan this E-Mail and any attachments. Any
      E-Mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring
      for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
        At 2004-07-09, 13:57:29 Paul Harman <paul.harman@...> wrote:

        >From: Duncan Cameron [mailto:duncan_cameron2002@...]
        >> Earlier this week there was a post about which SSL modules
        >> you need to install to use https.
        >
        >Really? perhaps you'd be so kind as to post an ID reference to the
        >post on
        >Yahoo! groups...?
        This is the one that I was referring to

        See my response to point 3 of the original post.

        Regards
        Duncan
      • Paul Harman
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
          From: Duncan Cameron [mailto:duncan_cameron2002@...]

          Ta... I did see that message at the time, but ignored it since I'm on
          Solaris and thus am not using ActivePerl. I'll try and persuade the
          sysadmins to install the other packages...

          Do I then need to have them reisnatll SOAP::Lite to pick up the changes?

[...]

        • Issac Goldstand
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
            For the record, if you're building the CPAN module on your own, you only
            need Net::SSLeay to "activate" https features in LWP.

            > > Earlier this week there was a post about which SSL modules
            > > you need to install to use https.
            >
            > Really? perhaps you'd be so kind as to post an ID reference to the post on
            > Yahoo! groups...?
            >
            > I've looked through the archive, and seen *lots* of mails about how to get
            > SSL working *server side* (with references to apache and mod_soap, none of
            > which is relevant to me). But *client* side, I can't find anything...
            other
            > than RTFM style hints, and the FM just says "use https:// instead of
            > http://", which surely isn't the full story.
            >
            > Paul
            >

            > This E-Mail and any attachment is intended only for the person or entity
            for
            > which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. If you are
            not
            > the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, please inform the
            > sender immediately and delete it from your computer. In addition, if you
            are
            > not the addressee or have received this E-Mail in error, any disclosure,
            > copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
            reliance
            > upon it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
            > If this E-Mail has been transmitted outside the ordinary course of its
            > business, the company for which the sender works accepts no liability for
            > any loss or damage suffered by any person arising from any use of or
            > reliance on information contained in this E-Mail, and any opinion
            expressed
            > in this E-Mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion
            of
            > such company. Although the network operator makes every reasonable effort
            > keep its network free from viruses, neither the network operator nor the
            > sender or the company for which the sender works accepts any
            responsibility
            > for computer viruses transmitted through this E-Mail or any attachments;
            it
            > is your responsibility to virus scan this E-Mail and any attachments. Any
            > E-Mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring
            > for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Issac Goldstand
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
              Once Net::SSLeay is installed you don't need to "redo" anything - it will
              Just Work (tm) :-)

              Issac