Perl and BPEL4WS

  • Randall Marbach
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7 10:25 AM
      Hi All

      Anybody out there have any leads/experience writing a
      BPEL4WS workflow engine in perl?

      Is there an interest in such a module?

      TIA

      Randy

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Amit_Sharma04
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7 9:03 PM

        Hi Randy and others:

        One of the things we at Infosys Technologies, Bangalore, are exploring is a workflow engine for web and grid services.

        The high level idea is to allow the user to specify workflow level descriptions about his/her desired task (“go buy a book from the Internet”), and direct lower level job execution and management systems using the workflow engine. For grid services, we are looking at Pegasus and Condor, while the natural choice for WS is BPEL4WS. At least part of the development would likely be in Perl.

        We are in the architecting stage currently.

        Best regards,

        Amit