WSDL type recognition

  • Sriya Santhanam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2004
      My SOAP::Lite client uses a WSDL to communicate with a
      web service. However for one particular internal
      datatype described in our namespace (a simpletype
      enum), it throws a fault saying "Unrecognized Type"
      and dies. ( My fault handler simply displays " 200 OK
      ".)

      This doesn't happen for internally defined complex
      data types nor does it happen for other simpletypes
      where the type name does not explicitly appear as an
      attribute in the SOAP message.

      Any ideas as to how I can route around such a fault
      without writing a custom deserializer ?

      Thanks,
      Sriya

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Sriya Santhanam
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
        After investigating a little, I believe the problem is
        more generic than I thought. The SOAP::Lite
        deserializer seems to have a problem with all custom
        data types nested inside a SOAP response i.e. if a
        datatype appears as an attribute anywhere other than
        at the top-level object, I get a fault saying
        "Unrecognized type".

        Any one come across this problem before ? Any input
        would be welcome.

        Sriya