Re: [soaplite] http header content length

  • kazuya mitshima
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24, 2004
      description?

      jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@...> wrote:
      I am looking at uploading a binary file and would like to restrict the size of it.
      Does anyone have ideas? The one possible option is to look for content-length  in HTTP
      header and if its larger than an acceptable size return an error. But how do I get this?

      will appreciate any help.

      TIA,
      JS

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • jigsaw9876
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 25, 2004
        Maybe my query wasn't clear.
        Firstly, I am looking for ideas on restricting the size of a binary file uploaded to the server
        using SOAP. I don't want users to upload gigabytes of data and bring my service down.
        Secondly, I have looked for solutions to the above and found that I can insist that HTTP/
        SOAP message comes with a precalculated content-length. In Java something like
        servlet.getHttpheaders / getContentlength should do. Whats the equivalent in Perl?

        TIA,
        JS

        --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, kazuya mitshima <devil_kazuya99@y...> wrote:
        > description?
        >
        > jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@y...> wrote:I am looking at uploading a binary file and would
        like to restrict the size of it.
        > Does anyone have ideas? The one possible option is to look for content-length in HTTP
        > header and if its larger than an acceptable size return an error. But how do I get this?
        >
        > will appreciate any help.
        >
        > TIA,
        > JS
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • kazuya mitshima
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25, 2004
          #!/usr/bin/perl

          use CGI;
          # restrict upload a file size (in bytes)
          $CGI::POST_MAX=50000;

          jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@...> wrote:
          Maybe my query wasn't clear.
          Firstly, I am looking for ideas on restricting the size of a binary file uploaded to the server
          using SOAP. I don't want users to upload gigabytes of data and bring my service down.
          Secondly, I have looked for solutions to the above and found that I can insist that HTTP/
          SOAP message comes with a precalculated content-length. In Java something like
          servlet.getHttpheaders / getContentlength should do. Whats the equivalent in Perl?

          TIA,
          JS

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, kazuya mitshima <devil_kazuya99@y...> wrote:
          > description?
          >
          > jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@y...> wrote:I am looking at uploading a binary file and would
          like to restrict the size of it.
          > Does anyone have ideas? The one possible option is to look for content-length  in HTTP
          > header and if its larger than an acceptable size return an error. But how do I get this?
          >
          > will appreciate any help.
          >
          > TIA,
          > JS
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          click here

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • jigsaw9876
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25, 2004
            this is what a client would use. How can the server restrict the size of data it can receive?

            JS

            --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, kazuya mitshima <devil_kazuya99@y...> wrote:
            > #!/usr/bin/perl
            >
            > use CGI;
            > # restrict upload a file size (in bytes)
            > $CGI::POST_MAX=50000;
            >

            > jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@y...> wrote:
            > Maybe my query wasn't clear.
            > Firstly, I am looking for ideas on restricting the size of a binary file uploaded to the
            server
            > using SOAP. I don't want users to upload gigabytes of data and bring my service down.
            > Secondly, I have looked for solutions to the above and found that I can insist that HTTP/
            > SOAP message comes with a precalculated content-length. In Java something like
            > servlet.getHttpheaders / getContentlength should do. Whats the equivalent in Perl?
            >
            > TIA,
            > JS
            >
            > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, kazuya mitshima <devil_kazuya99@y...> wrote:
            > > description?
            > >
            > > jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@y...> wrote:I am looking at uploading a binary file and
            would
            > like to restrict the size of it.
            > > Does anyone have ideas? The one possible option is to look for content-length in
            HTTP
            > > header and if its larger than an acceptable size return an error. But how do I get this?
            > >
            > > will appreciate any help.
            > >
            > > TIA,
            > > JS
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT