http header content length

  • jigsaw9876
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24 8:50 AM
      I am looking at uploading a binary file and would like to restrict the size of it.
      Does anyone have ideas? The one possible option is to look for content-length in HTTP
      header and if its larger than an acceptable size return an error. But how do I get this?

      will appreciate any help.

      TIA,
      JS
    • kazuya mitshima
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24 5:39 PM
        description?

        jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@...> wrote:
        I am looking at uploading a binary file and would like to restrict the size of it.
        Does anyone have ideas? The one possible option is to look for content-length  in HTTP
        header and if its larger than an acceptable size return an error. But how do I get this?

        will appreciate any help.

        TIA,
        JS

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • jigsaw9876
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25 2:03 AM
          Maybe my query wasn't clear.
          Firstly, I am looking for ideas on restricting the size of a binary file uploaded to the server
          using SOAP. I don't want users to upload gigabytes of data and bring my service down.
          Secondly, I have looked for solutions to the above and found that I can insist that HTTP/
          SOAP message comes with a precalculated content-length. In Java something like
          servlet.getHttpheaders / getContentlength should do. Whats the equivalent in Perl?

          TIA,
          JS

          --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, kazuya mitshima <devil_kazuya99@y...> wrote:
          > description?
          >
          > jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@y...> wrote:I am looking at uploading a binary file and would
          like to restrict the size of it.
          > Does anyone have ideas? The one possible option is to look for content-length in HTTP
          > header and if its larger than an acceptable size return an error. But how do I get this?
          >
          > will appreciate any help.
          >
          > TIA,
          > JS
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • kazuya mitshima
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25 3:28 AM
            #!/usr/bin/perl

            use CGI;
            # restrict upload a file size (in bytes)
            $CGI::POST_MAX=50000;

            jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@...> wrote:
            Maybe my query wasn't clear.
            Firstly, I am looking for ideas on restricting the size of a binary file uploaded to the server
            using SOAP. I don't want users to upload gigabytes of data and bring my service down.
            Secondly, I have looked for solutions to the above and found that I can insist that HTTP/
            SOAP message comes with a precalculated content-length. In Java something like
            servlet.getHttpheaders / getContentlength should do. Whats the equivalent in Perl?

            TIA,
            JS

            --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, kazuya mitshima <devil_kazuya99@y...> wrote:
            > description?
            >
            > jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@y...> wrote:I am looking at uploading a binary file and would
            like to restrict the size of it.
            > Does anyone have ideas? The one possible option is to look for content-length  in HTTP
            > header and if its larger than an acceptable size return an error. But how do I get this?
            >
            > will appreciate any help.
            >
            > TIA,
            > JS
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            click here

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • jigsaw9876
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 25 4:00 AM
              this is what a client would use. How can the server restrict the size of data it can receive?

              JS

              --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, kazuya mitshima <devil_kazuya99@y...> wrote:
              > #!/usr/bin/perl
              >
              > use CGI;
              > # restrict upload a file size (in bytes)
              > $CGI::POST_MAX=50000;
              >

              > jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@y...> wrote:
              > Maybe my query wasn't clear.
              > Firstly, I am looking for ideas on restricting the size of a binary file uploaded to the
              server
              > using SOAP. I don't want users to upload gigabytes of data and bring my service down.
              > Secondly, I have looked for solutions to the above and found that I can insist that HTTP/
              > SOAP message comes with a precalculated content-length. In Java something like
              > servlet.getHttpheaders / getContentlength should do. Whats the equivalent in Perl?
              >
              > TIA,
              > JS
              >
              > --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, kazuya mitshima <devil_kazuya99@y...> wrote:
              > > description?
              > >
              > > jigsaw9876 <jigsaw9876@y...> wrote:I am looking at uploading a binary file and
              would
              > like to restrict the size of it.
              > > Does anyone have ideas? The one possible option is to look for content-length in
              HTTP
              > > header and if its larger than an acceptable size return an error. But how do I get this?
              > >
              > > will appreciate any help.
              > >
              > > TIA,
              > > JS
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT