PLS pls HELP ME ON NESTED STRUCTURES.

  • PothaPragada Siddartha
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13 9:48 PM

      Hello All,

              I am a complete newbie to both SOAP::Lite and perl.I haveinstalled Soap::Lite and also managed to write a simple client and server program.Its perfectly ok.

              MY FIRST DOUBT IS WHETHER SOAP LITE SERVER BE ABLE TO GENERATE WSDL WHEN A CLIENT CALL IS MADE!!!

              Other doubt is about a complex structure.Basically i want to know how to go about creating a structure like the below:-( AND ALSO WSDL TO BE GENERATED)

      <MyExample>
        <MyID> xyz </MyID>
        <Passwd> iop </Passwd>
        <Info>
        <Addr> #402 </Addr>
        <City> abc  </City>
        </Info>
      </MyExample>

      what are the various steps involved in creating a structure like above with a wsdl. Somebody please help me on the sequence of steps both on server and client side.

      Pls excuse me if i sound stupid., but can't help .I'll be grateful if anyone can help me out

      ThankYou.
      --Siddarth

    • Issac Goldstand
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14 1:12 AM
        I don't think that SOAP::Lite currently autogenerates WSDL for you.  The only Perl kit that does that is ActiveState's PerlEx (which IMHO does a miserable job at that).

        As to your data structures, you probably want to use a map.  SOAP::Lite will auto-translate a HASHREF to a SOAP map, so just return:
        $id,$passwd,\%info

        or something like that.

          Issac

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 14 3:40 AM
          > I don't think that SOAP::Lite currently autogenerates WSDL for you.

          There isn't currently any (working) way to automatically generate WSDL
          from Perl, there is a WSDL::Generator module on CPAN, but I believe it
          broke post-5.8.*, and it hasn't been updated since late 2002.

          Al.