Microsoft doesn't play well with others?

  • Gary Lawrence Murphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2004
      I think I may have uncovered my problem, and it's news I didn't want
      to read:

      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q308438&ID=kb;en-us;Q308438&SD=MSDN

      Incompatibilities exist between the SOAP::Lite WSDL reader and the
      WSDL generator that is provided by .NET. Specifically, the
      SOAP::Lite WSDL reader expects all XSD type information to be in a
      namespace called XSD. These incompatibilities are to be resolved in
      future releases of SOAP::Lite.

      Sure enough, the service I'm hitting has aspx all over.

      is there any sort of hack fix or patch for this? I have this app
      working, it's nothing astounding, only a few dozen lines of code, but
      it was needed this morning and I'd rather be out in the yard doing
      yardwork than spend my weekend re-engineering the whole thing just
      because of Microsoft.

      --
      gary lawrence murphy <gary@...> :: xml team solutions
      :: sports data integration through open standard sportsml ::
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2004
        On 12-06-2004 at 20:09:28 Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@...> wrote:

        >I think I may have uncovered my problem, and it's news I didn't want
        >to read:
        >

        > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q308438&ID=kb;en-us;Q308438&SD=MSDN
        >
        > Incompatibilities exist between the SOAP::Lite WSDL reader and the
        > WSDL generator that is provided by .NET. Specifically, the
        > SOAP::Lite WSDL reader expects all XSD type information to be in a
        > namespace called XSD. These incompatibilities are to be resolved in
        > future releases of SOAP::Lite.
        >
        >Sure enough, the service I'm hitting has aspx all over.
        >
        >is there any sort of hack fix or patch for this? I have this app
        >working, it's nothing astounding, only a few dozen lines of code, but
        >it was needed this morning and I'd rather be out in the yard doing
        >yardwork than spend my weekend re-engineering the whole thing just
        >because of Microsoft.

        What happens if you follow the instructins on the MS site and change the namespace prefix? In your origninal post you didn't give the WSDL so I am guessing what the problem might be.

        Regards
        Duncan