Re: way to pass strings with accents ?

  • eric-amick@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2004
      > I'm having little problems with functions having to return data
      > containing strings with (french) accents (��...).
      >
      > What should I use to get it passed properly to the client ?
      >

      > I'm trying to send :
      >
      > $VAR1 = {
      > 'value' => {
      > 'country' => 'FR',
      > 'nom' => 'Trias',
      > 'organisation' => '13 Tupides',
      > 'nic' => 'ts319-ovh',
      > 'prenom' => 'B�b�rt',
      > },
      > 'status' => 100
      > };
      >

      > (then I return the this hash embeded in another one, everything is ok)
      >
      > But the key prenom -> 'B�b�rt' is passed to the client as 'Quli6XJ0'

      I believe SOAP::Lite uses Base64 encoding by default for string data that is not ASCII. Try using SOAP::Data->type() to explicitly specify the type, such as:

      $myhash{prenom} = SOAP::Data->type(string => $prenomvalue);

      --
      Eric Amick
      Columbia, MD
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2004
        In addition to Andrew's and Eric's responses you may also want to
        check this page that talks about internationalization:

        http://conf.soaplite.com/p2p/35.html

        Paul.