RE: [soaplite] way to pass strings with accents ?

  • Andrew Curry
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2004
      i would guess that its because the defult encoding for xml/soap it utf-8
      in your call you can specify the encoding type you require i.e.

      my $result = SOAP::Lite
      -> proxy (...)
      -> uri (...)
      # specify encoding, because default is utf-8
      -> encoding('iso-8859-1')
      -> hello($string)
      -> result;

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2004
        > I'm having little problems with functions having to return data
        > containing strings with (french) accents (��...).
        >
        > What should I use to get it passed properly to the client ?
        >

        > I'm trying to send :
        >
        > $VAR1 = {
        > 'value' => {
        > 'country' => 'FR',
        > 'nom' => 'Trias',
        > 'organisation' => '13 Tupides',
        > 'nic' => 'ts319-ovh',
        > 'prenom' => 'B�b�rt',
        > },
        > 'status' => 100
        > };
        >

        > (then I return the this hash embeded in another one, everything is ok)
        >
        > But the key prenom -> 'B�b�rt' is passed to the client as 'Quli6XJ0'

        I believe SOAP::Lite uses Base64 encoding by default for string data that is not ASCII. Try using SOAP::Data->type() to explicitly specify the type, such as:

        $myhash{prenom} = SOAP::Data->type(string => $prenomvalue);

        --
        Eric Amick
        Columbia, MD
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2004
          In addition to Andrew's and Eric's responses you may also want to
          check this page that talks about internationalization:

          http://conf.soaplite.com/p2p/35.html

          Paul.