Re: [soaplite] soaplite and SSL

  • Tilman Baumann
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2004
      For ssl usage at the server side, i used mod_proxy from apache.

      In an ssl activatet apache location:
      ProxyPass /proxy-url http://127.0.0.1:10000/

      So you can access the locally running http daemon on proxy url
      https://server/proxy-url

      Of course thats not hat you are looking for.
      Bu i think maybe this would be interesting for the group. Because i
      found no way to make a https SOAP::Lite server as a daemon.
      Alternatively you could use a LD_PRELOAD hack to use ssl socket instead
      of normal sockets, but his is a uglu hack. More ugly than my. ;)

      But to answer your request.
      You have of just to build the perl module with ssl support and you will
      be able to connect to a https webservice. (that schould be the way, dit
      not test.)

      --
      Tilman Baumann

      pyramid computer GmbH
      Boetzinger Strasse 60 D-79111 Freiburg

      ----------------------------------
      They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve
      neither liberty or security
      - Benjamin Franklin
    • Sinha, Madhukar [IT]
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2004
        thanks.. You last suggestion was very high level. Could you let me how to build with SSL support. what extra things i need?

        also how do i supply certificates?

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16, 2004
          Thanks Malte - I was able to make it work with Crypt::SSLeay. However i have a performace problem about which i emailed yesterday.

          Please see if you could help me on that.

          thanks
          Madhukar

          I finished my client-authentication today. If you
          still haven't found what you were looking for, i can
          tell you the necessary steps.

          BR,
          Malte