soaplite and SSL

  • Madhukar Sinha
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4 7:17 AM
      Group-

      I have to migrate my perl/soaplite based webservices (accessed by
      apache soap clients) and also my perl/soaplite clients which access
      java based webservices.

      What do i need to do on Perl side. ? I saw in archives that people
      have tried using Crypt::SSLeay . has it worked?

      how do we supply client certificates ?

      Also are there in links of docs where i could find useful info about
      this.

      What is the performance degardation from perl side? If i make
      multiple SOAP calls in same script and i dont use cookies to track
      session, then SSL auth will be done everytime (cert verification).
      This would considerably slow each call.

      Is there a way around this? Can session tracking avoid repeat
      verification (only once done at beginning of session).

      Please advise me

      thanks
      Madhukar
    • Tilman Baumann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4 8:41 AM
        For ssl usage at the server side, i used mod_proxy from apache.

        In an ssl activatet apache location:
        ProxyPass /proxy-url http://127.0.0.1:10000/

        So you can access the locally running http daemon on proxy url
        https://server/proxy-url

        Of course thats not hat you are looking for.
        Bu i think maybe this would be interesting for the group. Because i
        found no way to make a https SOAP::Lite server as a daemon.
        Alternatively you could use a LD_PRELOAD hack to use ssl socket instead
        of normal sockets, but his is a uglu hack. More ugly than my. ;)

        But to answer your request.
        You have of just to build the perl module with ssl support and you will
        be able to connect to a https webservice. (that schould be the way, dit
        not test.)

        --
        Tilman Baumann

        pyramid computer GmbH
        Boetzinger Strasse 60 D-79111 Freiburg

        ----------------------------------
        They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve
        neither liberty or security
        - Benjamin Franklin
      • Sinha, Madhukar [IT]
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4 11:29 AM
          thanks.. You last suggestion was very high level. Could you let me how to build with SSL support. what extra things i need?

          also how do i supply certificates?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 16 6:35 AM
            Thanks Malte - I was able to make it work with Crypt::SSLeay. However i have a performace problem about which i emailed yesterday.

            Please see if you could help me on that.

            thanks
            Madhukar

            I finished my client-authentication today. If you
            still haven't found what you were looking for, i can
            tell you the necessary steps.

            BR,
            Malte