Serialization

  • alcurry22
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004
      I have 1gb documents to be passed around using the soap protocol.
      is it possible to just send the xml as is with out serialization??
      The only way i can see to do it is SOAP::Data as without this i get
      rubbish sent, sadly that leaves me with <DATA><DATA></DATA></DATA>
      which is invalid to the wsdl. Can i just send the xml inside the
      envelope??
      Cheers
    • Mitchell, Louise M
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004
        Here's how I did it... it works... if it's incorrect, someone can
        comment... 'sXML' is the root tag of my xml... $xml is the inner xml...

        sub call_via_soap
        {
        my $xml = shift;

        my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        ->soapversion('1.1')
        ->uri('http://tempuri.org')
        ->on_action( sub { join '/', 'http://tempuri.org', $_[1] } )

        ->proxy('http://ppsdev.pnl.gov/rateestimator/rateestimator.asmx');

        my $method =
        SOAP::Data->name('BurdenTransaction')->attr{xmlns=>'http://tempuri.org/'
        });

        my $param = SOAP::Data->name(sXML => SOAP::Data->type('string' =>
        $xml) );

        my $response = $soap->call($method=>$param);

        if ($response->fault)
        {
        die $response->faultstring;
        }