Re: [soaplite] Notice: perl -W

  • Duncan Cameron
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004
      Huebner, Malte wrote:
      >Hi,
      >
      >as i can see there are more people having problems with this. I think there should really
      >be a note on the soap-lite site for other developers.
      >
      >Btw: I only had trouble with -W (upper case), not with -w .
      >
      >Question: is this a bug?

      Internally SOAP::Lite does turn off warnings at various points because of deliberate coding techniques that would otherwise cause warnings to be issued. Using -W has the effect of always issuing the warnings.
      Whether this is a problem may depend on the environment in which you are running.
      Using -W is not a problem when using an HTTP daemon; I get lots of warnings but it still works.
      You didn't say what your environment is. If there is a clearly repeatable problem then it does deserve a note in the documentation. Please can you clarify what you are doing?

      Regards
      Duncan