AW: [soaplite] Notice: perl -W

  • Huebner, Malte
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2004
      Nachricht
      Hi,

      as i can see there are more people having problems with this. I think there should really
      be a note on the soap-lite site for other developers.

      Btw: I only had trouble with -W (upper case), not with -w .

      Question: is this a bug?

      BR,
      Malte

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2004
        > >as i can see there are more people having problems with
        > this. I think
        > >there should really be a note on the soap-lite site for other
        > >developers.
        > >
        > >Btw: I only had trouble with -W (upper case), not with -w .
        > >
        > >Question: is this a bug?
        > >
        > Internally SOAP::Lite does turn off warnings at various
        > points because of deliberate coding techniques that would
        > otherwise cause warnings to be issued. Using -W has the
        > effect of always issuing the warnings. Whether this is a
        > problem may depend on the environment in which you are
        > running. Using -W is not a problem when using an HTTP daemon;
        > I get lots of warnings but it still works. You didn't say
        > what your environment is. If there is a clearly repeatable
        > problem then it does deserve a note in the documentation.
        > Please can you clarify what you are doing?

        Well, I am using a CGI-Server - no daemon. When starting a request,
        nothing happens, the client is waiting for a response. A couple of
        Minutes later, the client is aborting the request with a timeout.

        BR,
        Malte