SOAP Dom to SOAP::Data

  • alcurry22
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26 5:27 AM
      Hi,
      I have searched all the news groups etc.. for an answer to this so
      thought
      someone may be able to help here. Basically we have a soap server
      written in
      gsoap and im having to send a very large piece of xml too it.
      The problem is that gsoap types all the objects and expects them in a
      certain format.
      i.e.

      <Runner name="Jimmy Ryan" yearBorn="20010329" age="2" bred="IRE"
      xsl:type="Runner:Runner">
      rather than

      <Runner name="Jimmy Ryan" yearBorn="20010329" age="2" bred="IRE">

      Any ideas, suggestions??

      Should i be developing the xml in the format for it to be sent in the
      first place?

      We do have a wsdl for the service, is there anything available to use
      this and serialize xml into the required structure?
      Cheers for any help
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2004
        There are a number of ways you can accomplish this:

        1) manufacture the XML structure using SOAP::Data elements. The
        SOAP::Data interface allows to construct any XML document using any
        structure you would like. An example of how to specify multiple
        attributes for example, can be found at:
        http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000027.php

        2) Construct XML by hand in string format, and just have it added to
        SOAP::Lite verbatim. An example of how to do this can be found at:
        http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000017.php