Accessing SOAP Body

  • sjzasada
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2004
      Dear all,

      Can anyone help me? What I want to do is access the SOAP body in a
      client before it's sent to a server. This is because I'm trying to do
      some WS Security, so basically I want to create a signature from the
      body which I can then add to the header before the SOAP message is sent.

      Anyone tried to do anything like this?

      Cheers,

      Stef.
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2004
        Thank you for the additional use case. I might suggest you construct the
        XML payload and then add it to the body using the literal XML method.

        http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000017.php

        The idea of course is to construct the XML, generate your signature from
        it, and then compose your SOAP Header accordingly, and the SOAP Body
        using the XML you generated prior to the signature. That is the first
        method that comes to mind.

        I would love it if you shared your final solution with the newsgroup, or
        with me and I will be sure it is added to the SOAP::Lite cookbook on
        majordojo.