Re: [soaplite] Re: A Simple Example (Perl SOAP Server, VB.NET Client)

  • Christopher Parker
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7 9:11 AM
      --- perlmedian <perlmedian@...> wrote:
      Check out this post, it should have all the fixins you need:

      -----

      You are a life-saver. I don't know how I missed this post.

      I was receiving the Denied Access error because I was attempting to return a scalar value, when I
      should have been returning a SOAP::Data object.

      Once I made this change, my Perl-to-.NET communication worked perfectly:

      return SOAP::Data
      -> name('sayHelloResponse')
      -> value('Hello, world!')
      -> type('string')
      -> uri('urn:HelloService');

      As long as the name, type, and uri match those in the WSDL document, then it works without any
      problems. (Now to read up on how to return complex data structures!)

      Thank you so much! Now, I can successfully continue on with the rest of my project.

      Do you use Affero, by any chance? http://www.affero.net/

      --
      Christopher Parker