Re: A Simple Example (Perl SOAP Server, VB.NET Client)

  • perlmedian
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2004
      Check out this post, it should have all the fixins you need:

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Nayana Hettiarachchi <nayana@t...> wrote:
      > You might be having an issue with NameSpaces, .NET is very picky about
      > namespaces in XML documents, i have posted a good working example on a
      > SOAP::Lite server to a .NET Client search in the group you will find it,
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > Nayana
      >

      > Christopher Parker wrote:
      >
      > > ***This is a possible duplicate. I posted this morning, and still
      > > nothing. If this is a duplicate message, please accept my
      > > apologies.***
      > >
      > > Hello all,
      > >
      > > I'm trying to get communications working between a Perl SOAP::Lite
      > > server and a .NET client application. I have three things written to
      > > test this:
      > >
      > > 1.) WSDL Document
      > > 2.) Perl SOAP::Lite Server (CGI)
      > > 3.) Visual Basic .NET Client
      > >
      > > When I add the WSDL document as a Web Reference to my VB.NET client
      > > and try to run my client application, I get this error:
      > >
      > > "An unhandled exception of type 'System.
      > > Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException' occurred in
      > > system.web.services.dll
      > >
      > > "Additional information: Denied access to method (sayHello) in class
      > > (main) at C:/Perl/site/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2159."
      > >
      > > I'm assuming my problem is with my Perl server, then? I don't
      > > understand how this is possible. My entire SOAP server is here:
    • Christopher Parker
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2004
        --- perlmedian <perlmedian@...> wrote:
        Check out this post, it should have all the fixins you need:

        -----

        You are a life-saver. I don't know how I missed this post.

        I was receiving the Denied Access error because I was attempting to return a scalar value, when I
        should have been returning a SOAP::Data object.

        Once I made this change, my Perl-to-.NET communication worked perfectly:

        return SOAP::Data
        -> name('sayHelloResponse')
        -> value('Hello, world!')
        -> type('string')
        -> uri('urn:HelloService');

        As long as the name, type, and uri match those in the WSDL document, then it works without any
        problems. (Now to read up on how to return complex data structures!)

        Thank you so much! Now, I can successfully continue on with the rest of my project.

        Do you use Affero, by any chance? http://www.affero.net/

        --
        Christopher Parker