Re: how to specify server certificates for https

  • Christopher Parker
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "walter" <vendra@i...> wrote:
      > Hi, thank you for the reply ...
      > Below is the partial output of the 'perl Makefile.PL' command when
      > installing the SOAP-Lite-0.60 package. All packages look ok. Still
      > i'm wondering how does the server is made aware of the certificates
      > location.
      > Besides, Is there a way to tell the server to force the client to
      use
      > it's own valid certificates in order to avoid anonymous access ?

      ***DISCLAIMER***
      I am still learning, so if anything I say is incorrect, please accept
      my apologies in advance.
      ***/DISCLAIMER***

      I'm positive your Web server (Apache with mod_ssl, for example) is
      going to take care of the location of your certificate. AFAIK, this
      shouldn't be something you have to worry about any longer. Your
      certificate's location (if using mod_ssl) is specified in ssl.conf.
      Why would you have to specify the location of your certificate
      elsewhere if it's specified in ssl.conf?

      First, make sure your SSL implementation is working correctly. Once
      this is done *****AND TESTED*****, then read this:
      http://conf.soaplite.com/p2p/29.html (I'm assuming you've already
      read this, based on your original message.)

      Do you have the Crypt::SSLeay module installed? If not, then you need
      to do so.

      Once you've tested that your port bindings for HTTPS are working, and
      once you have Crypt::SSLeay installed, then your handshake should
      follow through.

      Has this helped any?