Re: SOAP:Lite Client .NET Server problem

  • Christopher Parker
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, "m_gladding" <mgladding@w...> wrote:
      > Any idea now? The only differences between how SOAP::Lite sends the
      > SOAP Statement and how the .Net application expects to receive it
      are
      > as follows:
      > SOAP::Lite has <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.or
      > g/1999/XMLSchema-instance"
      > xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema" soap:enc
      > odingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      > xmlns:soap="http://schema
      > s.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      > for it's envelope tag... take note of the years (1999) and also the
      > encodingStyle Tag.
      >
      > This is how the .Net server expects the envelope tag to be:
      > <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
      > xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      > Note the year is now 2001 for the schema stuff, and there is no
      > encodingStyle...
      > Does anyone know if any of this would make a difference?

      Since the namespaces *DO* differ, I'm sure that's bound to make a
      difference somewhere. http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema and
      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema (as well as the other difference)
      are two different strings. Therefore, they are two different XML
      namespaces.

      There's a chance that the two URLs do point to something, but that's
      merely a coincidence.

      If you can get the namespaces to match exactly, then I think you
      *MAY* have better results. Don't quote me, though, as I am still
      learning, myself. (Anyone care to correct me? Does the problem here
      lie elsewhere?)

      More information on XML namespaces:
      http://xml.oreilly.com/news/xmlnut2_0201.html

      HTH,