Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite server and generating WSDL

  • Alasdair Allan
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2004
      > > > One idea I am trying out is to add an inline YAML definition of each
      > > > method (in a POD section), and then write a WSDL generator...
      > >
      > > I would be very interested in seeing this option explored as I am having
      > > issues with implementing SOAP::Lite services in out environment (mixed
      > > with Perl, .Net, and AXIS) relating to the lack of WSDL support in
      > > SOAP::Lite and the general messiness of using the WSDL::Generator perl
      > > module.
      >
      > ...attached is an incomplete script (I hacked out some internal
      > code) that recurses a directory (with File::Find) extracts the YAML
      > api_spec section (using a subclass of Pod::Parser), converts to a Perl
      > structure (using YAML's Load method)...>

      I'd also be very interested in seeing this explored, it sounds like a
      reasonable approach. If I get time over the weekend I'll see if I can have
      a look at it as well.

      Al.
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2004
        One can see that great minds think alike. This too is similar to what I
        was considering. I honestly didn't make the leap to YAML (shame on me) -
        I was using Perl::POD.

        As it turns out, the WSDL2Perl project uses the Template Toolkit...

        Thanks for sharing your code.

        I am in the process of soliciting funds from companies to fund
        SOAP::Lite (I will be making an announcement soon if I can secure a
        couple of companies first)... if I can, then we should see some
        significant work being pouring into the project... to address this very
        concern. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.