Re: [soaplite] element not allowed. died. error

  • jcowan@reutershealth.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15 9:24 AM
      kayaelle02 scripsit:

      > Although I can't seem to find any documentation to support this
      > theory, I'm assuming that an element can't begin with "xml".

      Correct. Names (that is, element names, attribute names, namespace
      prefixes, and a few other less commonly used cases) that begin with "xml"
      (or "XML" or any other case combination) are reserved, and you can't
      count on being able to use them in your XML documents. They may work,
      they may not, they may make demons fly out of your nose.
      The exceptions are the defined attribute names "xml:space", "xml:lang", and
      "xml:base".

      > Can someone verify?

      See http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#dt-name , otherwise known as the
      horse's mouth.

      --
      John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan <jcowan@...>
      You tollerday donsk? N. You tolkatiff scowegian? Nn.