element not allowed. died. error

  • kayaelle02
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2004
      Hi,

      The script I'm posting to is requiring that I wrap my keys and values
      in an element called <xmlString>. When I try this, the transmission
      dies with this error:

      "Element 'xmlString' can't be allowed in valid XML message. Died"

      Although I can't seem to find any documentation to support this
      theory, I'm assuming that an element can't begin with "xml".

      Can someone verify?

      Thank you,

      Kerri
    • jcowan@reutershealth.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15, 2004
        kayaelle02 scripsit:

        > Although I can't seem to find any documentation to support this
        > theory, I'm assuming that an element can't begin with "xml".

        Correct. Names (that is, element names, attribute names, namespace
        prefixes, and a few other less commonly used cases) that begin with "xml"
        (or "XML" or any other case combination) are reserved, and you can't
        count on being able to use them in your XML documents. They may work,
        they may not, they may make demons fly out of your nose.
        The exceptions are the defined attribute names "xml:space", "xml:lang", and
        "xml:base".

        > Can someone verify?

        See http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#dt-name , otherwise known as the
        horse's mouth.

        --
        John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan <jcowan@...>
        You tollerday donsk? N. You tolkatiff scowegian? Nn.