Re: [soaplite] Digest Number 846

  • Joe McMahon
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2004
      On Tuesday, April 13, 2004, at 08:26 AM, soaplite@yahoogroups.com
      wrote:

      > From: Byrne Reese <byrne@...>
      > Subject: Re: Soap::Lite and WASP
      >
      > WSDL Support is not currently being maintained via the ->service
      > subroutine.

      I've got a patch to enable relative-path WSDL support available if any
      wants it; in addition, I've got a new SOAP::Deserializer I am just
      finishing up the packaging for that handles multiple items in a
      non-array structure with the same name (this is a typical return from
      ZSI if you tell it so send back an array).

      Anyone interested please let me know.

      I've been using the service() interface and it could use a little
      expansion. As you say, wsdl2perl wasn't working for me; it was easier
      to step through in the debugger and just fix the problems that I needed
      fixed for my current project (Perl-Python interoperability, using WSDL).

      --- Joe M.
    • Alasdair Allan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2004
        > I've got a patch to enable relative-path WSDL support available if any
        > wants it; in addition, I've got a new SOAP::Deserializer I am just
        > finishing up the packaging for that handles multiple items in a
        > non-array structure with the same name (this is a typical return from
        > ZSI if you tell it so send back an array).
        >
        > Anyone interested please let me know.

        You should probably pass it onto Byrne to be integrated into the next
        SOAP::Lite release...

        Al.
      • Paul Harman
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2004
          From: Joe McMahon [mailto:mcmahon@...]
          > in addition, I've got a new SOAP::Deserializer I am just
          > finishing up the packaging for that handles multiple items in a
          > non-array structure with the same name (this is a typical return from
          > ZSI if you tell it so send back an array).

          Oooh, sounds v. interesting to me! I have a few structures like this that
          I'm trying to retrieve via SOAP::Lite and am having to clumsily iterate
          through using 'dataof', which gets slow when there are hundreds of items in
          the list, each several kb in size...

          Paul