Trouble using the xsd:dateTime data type

  • krishnan_anantheswaran@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7 10:57 AM
      Hi,

      I'm trying to create an attribute of type xsd:dateTime using:

      my $x = SOAP::Data->value($date)->type('dateTime'));

      The error I get is:

      Schema/namespace for type 'dateTime' is not specified.

      I can use ->type('date') OK but this results in the server
      (impelemented in Java using Apache Axis, by the way)
      to ignore the time component of the attribute.

      I'm using SOAP::Lite 0.55 (I think).

      Any ideas?

      Regards,
      Krishnan
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2004
        FYI - this problem should be addressed in SOAP::Lite 0.65 - currently in
        Beta.

        http://www.soaplite.com/download.html

        In this release, the 2001 XML Schema has been made the default schema,
        and autotyping for dateTime and date has been added.