SOAP::Lite Client Request Accept Pre-made XML?

  • Jeff Nokes
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2004
      Hi,
      I'm trying to use SOAP::Lite as a client to interface with an internal SOAP
      based API at my company. My client platform is Linux/mod_perl and the server
      platform is Java. The API requests are extremely large and complex, and I've
      had no succuess using SOAP::Schema or the stubmaker utility in generating the
      proper SOAP envelope with the company provided WSDL. I've looked at
      SOAP::Data::Builder a little, but I'm not sure this would solve my problem,
      and even if it did, it would be a lot of up front work just to generate the
      proper request schema. I am, however, able to derive the proper request
      envelopes statically (and quickly), using a desktop XML editor that can parse
      WSDL (XML Spy).

      Because I am able to do this, and in the interest of saving time, I was hoping
      there was a way to just provide the pre-formatted SOAP XML request envelopes
      to SOPA::Lite, bypassing any SOAP::Data and SOAP::Serializer steps
      all-together, and just have SOAP::Lite take care of the transport and response
      portion of the request/response cycle. I was looking at the code for
      SOAP::Lite and SOAP::Transport::HTTP and cannot see any point in the code
      where one could just easily insert their own envelope structure for transport.

      I guess my question is ... Is it possible to to insert your own request
      envelope and if so, how/where can I do it?

      Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.
      Cheers,
      - Jeff
    • Byrne Reese
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2004
        Jeff,

        I encourage you to take a look at the following article which discusses
        how to serialize a message using literal, handcoded XML:

        http://www.majordojo.com/archives/000017.php

        Let me know if this solves your problem.