Problem with perl client and .NET web service -- namespace problem?

  • obc_spike
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2004
      Hi,

      I'm passing about a dozen arguments from my perl client to my .NET
      service and they're all coming across as null right now. Based on the
      debug output, it looks like it might be a namespace typing problem,
      but I'm not sure how to solve it.

      From the debug text below, perl is sending SOAP-ENC and SOAP-ENV
      instead of soap and is typing things as "xsd:int" and "xsd:string"
      when Windows doesn't seem to need it.

      What's the best way to solve this problem?

      --

      The .NET service wants this kind of envelope:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <soap:Body>
      <AddEntry xmlns="http://cscweb/WebServices/">
      <sBits>string</sBits>

      The SOAP::Lite perl client is sending this kind of envelope:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/20
      01/XMLSchema-instance"
      xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding"
      xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope"
      xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope">
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <AddEntry xmlns="http://cscweb/WebServices/">
      <sBits xsi:type="xsd:int">64</sBits>
    • obc_spike
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2004
        The problem with my arguments was a single character. (Say it with me
        now: ARGH!)

        > What's the best way to solve this problem?

        The .NET service was using the "http://cscweb/WebServices/" namespace,
        but the perl client was sending to the "http://cscweb/WebServices"
        namespace. Adding a following / did the trick.

        Spike